Round-Table Discussion - «Green Revolution 2011»: Environmental Responsibility of Cities
On September 23, 2011 «ETNOMIR» Cultural and Educational Center held Green Revolution 2011: Environmental Responsibility of Modern Cities round-table discussion. This environmental project by «ETNOMIR» raised crucial issues relating to the state of the urban environment and defined directions for the development of urban ecological environment.
On September 23, 2011 Kaluga region held a round-table discussion - «Green Revolution 2011: Environmental Responsibility of Modern Cities». Organizers of this environmental project are «ETNOMIR» Cultural and Educational Center and Government of Kaluga region. The event addressed the following issues related to the environment in modern cities:
- Current environmental situation in the city of Kaluga and Kaluga region;
- Concept of «environmental responsibility of modern cities» on real-life examples of settlements in Kaluga region;
- Construction of «green industry» in the framework of the State Environmental Policy;
- Launching progressive «green technologies» at production enterprises and industrial organizations of the city of Kaluga and the region;
- Creation of an open bank of modern technologies to enhance the role of ecology in the life of society;
- Relevance of environmental organizations and their cooperation with similar Russian and foreign organizations;
- Interaction of the state, business environment and society to effectively address environmental issues and ensure high environmental safety in the production, processing and consumption of natural resources.
«ETNOMIR» round-table discussion gathered representatives of city administration, industrial enterprises, agricultural and public environmental organizations interested in improving the urban environment. The event presented innovative eco-technologies at the production, municipal and industrial infrastructure facilities, summed up the implemented environmental projects and outlined new eco projects in the field of environmental protection and improvement of the ecological situation.
A special place was chosen to host the environmental project of «Dialogue of Cultures - United World» Fund. «ETNOMIR» is a modern platform that unites culture, history and traditions of different peoples. The round-table discussion fully embodied the progressive ideas of harmonious coexistence of man and nature, as well as environmental cleanliness of the habitat. Participants of the round-table discussion demonstrated Ecology Of The City exhibition with the latest developments in the field of environmental protection and careful environmental management, as well as innovative eco projects of the world level.