The Role of Women in the Society
|Type:||Culture , Tourism , Education and Science , International Cooperation|
|Year of opening:||2016|
The Role of Women in the Society was a conference aimed at exploring women’s role in government and society. The conference was hosted by International Charity Public Fund “Dialogue of Cultures- United World” in ETNOMIR on 4 March, 2016, and gathered around 100 female scholars, government and NGO leaders.
The conference addressed the issues of women’s role in the Russian history, science and society, women’s rights movement, gender equality situation in Russia, government policy towards women and gender equality in different countries and potential measures to promote equality between men and women.
Speakers who delivered their speech during the conference included:
- Co-director of the Research Committee for Gender Studies of the Russian Political Science Association Olga Ovcharova.
- President of the Women’s Federation for World Peace Olga Vakulinskaya
- President of the Russian Association for Research in Women’s History Natalia Pushkareva
- President of the Commission for nationalities, migration policy and religion of the Institute of Anthropology and Ethnography Maria Kotovskaya
- Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Nature and Ecology of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation Olga Shtemberg
- Founder of Arsenel women’s success workshop Elena Sporyagina
- Board Member of Moscow City Council of Women Raisa Emelyanova
- Representatives of Federal Public Organization “Women of Business” Anna Bibkova and Yana Senicheva
- Vice-Chair of the Coordination Council of Russian compatriots of the USA Elena Branson
- President of the Regional Public Organization “Modern Woman” Zoya Molokova
- Head of the Women’s Committee of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia Elena Nesterenko